Canadian Registration

Canadian Registration

Requirements for doing business in Canada

CRN registration for pressure vessels and fittings

At Armour Valve, we provide advice and support to our manufacturer partners and can help them find a reputable CRN consultant to work with, as needed.

In Canada, pressure vessels and fittings used in applications where the pressure is greater than 15 psi and the line media is a liquid not more hazardous than water, are required to have a Canadian Registration Number (CRN). As of January 1, 2020, manufacturers looking to gain Canada-wide registration, can now expect a more streamlined process for design reviews. Design reviews conducted by Provinces and Territories in Canada participating in the Reconciliation Agreement for the Canadian Registration Number (CRN) for Pressure Equipment will now be mutually recognized and will not need to be reviewed again in another jurisdiction. Jurisdictions included in the Reconciliation Agreement for the Canadian Registration Number (CRN) for Pressure Equipment.

While the regulatory process for each individual jurisdiction remains unchanged, in order to obtain national CRN coverage, manufacturers need now only submit one registration form which allows them to apply for a CRN in multiple jurisdictions. For forms, applicable fees, guidelines and supporting documents required, please visit the design registration pages for the applicable jurisdiction below:

CSA registration for electronic components

All electronic components intended for use in Canada must bear the CSA mark or hold an equivalent approval. The CSA mark indicates that the product meets the appropriate electrical and safety code(s).

The Canadian Electrical Code is a group of over 700 standards with a wide range of scope, including safety, installation procedures, products, and energy efficiency.